Hunger

&

Homelessness

Hunger

&

Homelessness

Hunger

&

Homelessness

The struggle to feed and house those less than fortunate remains vastly evident as front-page news.

In addition to these existing tragic statistics, the faces of our hungry and homeless have changed; our senior veterans, families, teenagers and the mentally ill make up a majority of the less fortunate.

Over 50 million Americans, including 17 million children, are living in food-insecure homes.

Approximately 1 out of 6 Americans experience food insecurity today.

The number of homeless in the U.S. is estimated to be around 552,830.

Overall, 66.7% of homeless Americans are single individuals, with the remaining 33.3% being families.

Before the coronavirus pandemic, more than 35 million people struggled with hunger in the U.S.

Over 115 million new households will fall into food insecurity as a result of COVID in 2021.

Senior adults, children and minority communities are most at risk for hunger in America.

Approximately 17 out of every 10,000 people experience homelessness each day.

89.7% of homeless people are 24 years old and above.

20% of homeless individuals are children.

40% of all homeless men are veterans.

8% of homeless veterans are women.

Homeless individuals have an average life expectancy of just 50 years.

Get social with us!

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • TikTok
  • YouTube

© 2021 by Hands Across America.
Proudly created by Music City Media.

READY TO JOIN THE MOVEMENT?

For just $1, YOU can be a part of the biggest virtual fundraiser in history!

All Rights Reserved. Tax ID Number: 81-2516476.

Hands Across America is a 501(c)(3) non-profit recognized by the IRS committed to finding ways to help provide food and shelter to the hungry and the homeless.

Hands Across America 501(c)3 has no relation or affiliation with the 1986 Hands Across America event nor any affiliation with USA for Africa.